Warrens Sales Assistant
To work under the direction of the Shop Management to Company procedures in serving and selling to customers, checking, rotating and handling stock, ensuring records and Company image are maintained at all times. To be able to successfully perform all duties as required maintaining the efficient functions of the branch.
• To greet the customer in an appropriate manner (see Company Policy).
• To ascertain customer requirements and present goods which fulfill those requirements, suggesting alternatives if necessary and offering complementary goods if appropriate
• To accept payment for goods, register the details on EPOS and give the customer a receipt if required – counting back the change into the customer’s hand.
• To wrap goods in a manner suitable for transportation by the customer.
• To present to a high standard of personal appearance and hygiene.
• To continuously maintain all shop routines, merchandising window, counter, shelves, heater units and sandwich bars where appropriate, cleaning as directed and initialing the cleaning rota.
• To co-operate with colleagues in Company shops, production Units & Head Office.
• To sell Celebration Cakes and Saffron by Post in accordance with Company Policy.
• To familiarise yourself with Company products.
• To be aware of and comply with Health & Safety and Company Hygiene regulations.
• To assist with stock counts and stock taking.
• To bake-off as required.
• To work at the sandwich bar and adhering to portion control (where appropriate).
• To operate in any function as required in the Coffee Shop (where appropriate).
• To sell to customers at all times – and to not merely serve!
(This supersedes all previous Job Descriptions. Any position is dependent on suitable references and the successful completion of a probationary period.)